RAF Kenley Insignia
Carved and painted insignia of RAF Kenley. RAF Kenley was one of the two Royal Air Force stations in the Croydon area. The other was based at Croydon Airport. Kenley Aerodrome had seen service in the First World War. It was an Aircraft Acceptance Park in 1917 - 1918, preparing machines for service in France. In the Second World War, two fighter squadrons were based at RAF Kenley. Together with those at RAF Croydon and nearby Biggin Hill they were responsible for the defence of a wide area of south east England, from London to the Channel.
Carved and painted insignia of RAF Kenley.
whole: 300 x 130 x 140 mm
Associated Object Number
National & International | National Events
Museum of Croydon | Area 4 | Kiosk 5
Croydon Museum and Heritage Service