This brass bell was given to the Croydon Habitation (branch) of the Primose League by Mary E. Johnston in 1953, to commemorate Queen Elizabeth II's coronation. It was cast by Gillett and Johnston, bellfounders and clockmakers of Union Road, West Croydon. The Primrose League was founded in 1883 to promote Tory principles. It was named after the favourite flower of Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli who had died two years previously.
Miniature copper alloy bell with engraved inscriptions.
whole: 75 x 61 x 61 mm
Gillett and Johnston
National & International | Politics & Economy
Museum of Croydon | Area 4 | Kiosk 4
Croydon Museum and Heritage Service