St John's Ambulance Hat and Cap
St. John's Ambulance Brigade hat and cap worn by Arthur and Ethel Care of West Croydon in the early 1950s. Arthur and Ethel had been members of St. John's Ambulance Brigade since the early 1920s. They met on a Brigade procession attended by Edward, Prince of Wales, in 1927. During the Second World War their house was used as an unofficial first aid post by local people.
Hat - black fulled wool with patent leather peak. Cap - white linen.
hat whole: 430 x 270 x 320 mm; cap whole: 410 x 190 x 190 mm
Home & Community | Welfare & Community Work
Museum of Croydon | Area 4 | Kiosk 5
Croydon Museum and Heritage Service