A view of Godstone Road, Kenley, depicting shops, houses and the Rose and Crown Inn.
The Rose and Crown inn, Kenley has existed at least from 1723, although the original building has long since disappeared. Kenley was once part of the old Manor of Coulsdon, the name was probably derived from "Coena's leigh", meaning "an open space in woodland belonging to a person called Coena".
overall: 267 x 325 mm; image: 171 x 245 mm
Paper (support) : watercolour (medium) : card (mount)
PHIPSON, Evacustes Arthur
Croydon Museum and Heritage Service