Corner of Portland Road and Harrington Road in 1850.
A street scene depicting 5 people, a corner shop in Portland Road and two brick-built cottages adjacent to it. The shop has a tall chimney and displays a sign advertising "E.R. Newton". The cottages in Harrington Road include a two-storey red brick house covered in creeper and a single storey white painted cottage. Also included in the scene are two women, two girls and a man with a walking stick.
overall: 289 x 344 mm; image: 166 x 240 mm
Paper (support) : watercolour (medium)
PHIPSON, Evacustes Arthur