[ARRAY:1]
Title
 
Baptismal Shell
Description
 
The shell was used at St. Andrew's Church, Croydon. It was meant to be used by the vicar to hold the water for baptising people. The Reverend William Evans, Vicar of St. Andrew's from 1922 until 1947, thought it fancy and usually preferred to hold the water in his hand.
Object Name
 
container
Date
 
1922-47
Material
 
shell; metal
Measurements
 
whole: 160 x 180 x 150 mm
Theme
 
Life & Love | Religion & Morality
Location
 
Museum of Croydon | Area 3 | Kiosk 3
Type
 
Museum Objects
Repository
 
Croydon Museum and Heritage Service